Gastric Sleeve at NJ Bariatrics

Gastric Sleeve at NJ BariatricsGastric Sleeve in NJ (sleeve gastrectomy) is a procedure in which about 85% of the stomach is removed, leaving 15% of the original capacity, which is shaped like a sleeve.

The bariatric surgeons at NJ Bariatrics have performed over thousands of bariatric procedures. Between the two of them, they possess nearly 40 years of weight loss surgery experience.

Sleeve Gastrectomy / Gastric Sleeve in NJ

Gastric sleeve in NJ is performed laparoscopically, using minimally invasive techniques. About 80-85% of the stomach is removed. The remaining stomach resembles a narrow tube or sleeve, hence the name. Unlike gastric bypass surgery, the normal gastrointestinal anatomy is unaltered, thereby greatly reducing the risks related to malabsorption, intestinal blockage, marginal ulcer, and eliminating the risk of “dumping syndrome” entirely.

Additionally, gastric sleeve in NJ eliminates the portion of the stomach that produces a hormone that stimulates hunger. This further supports your weight loss efforts.

Our surgeons are ready to help you decide which bariatric procedure is right for you.

Request a Consultation »

Is NJ gastric sleeve reversible?

No. However, the gastric sleeve can be revised to an alternate gastric restrictive procedure if weight loss is inadequate or if weight is regained.

How well does gastric sleeve in NJ work?

Sleeve gastrectomy is still a relatively new procedure whose long-term benefits and risks are not yet known. Limited 2 year and 6 year weight loss data suggest that gastric sleeve in NJ results in weight loss comparable to RY gastric bypass at 2 years and LAP-BAND at 5 years.

Our 4 Step Process

Our 4 Step Weight Loss Surgery ProcessAt NJ Bariatrics, we look at weight loss surgery as a process. We’ve organized the different pieces of the puzzle into an easy-to-follow 4 step plan that you can begin at any time.

  1. Getting Started
  2. Preparation
  3. Aftercare
  4. Life Change

The first step of our process, Getting Started, helps you gather as much information as possible. There’s a ton of information about weight loss surgery, so we’ve broken everything down for you into bite-size chunks. When you’re ready to begin, simply click the button below.

Click here to Get Started »

Website by Bri the Web Guy